Saturday, December 7, 2013

How to Return from an Extremely Long Hiatus

Hey guys!

So it's been a while.

And by while, I mean nearly two years.

You're probably wondering why I stopped updating this blog. Well, the truth is, I kinda sorta got lazy. And then I forgot about it. There were just too many distractions, like school and anime.

And I didn't remember this blog until about an hour ago. I don't really remember exactly how I remembered How to be Epik. But I did, and when I did, told my sister about it, since my old posts were about my grade nine adventures. Right now, my sister is in grade nine, so I figured she might appreciate some of the posts. She did. My sister's really awesome, so I'm glad I got her stamp of approval.

Rereading my old posts made me miss blogging. It also made me cringe, because my posts seriously sucked. I digressed a lot. And the posts could have been significantly shorter. AND I ACTED SO IMMATURE-LIKE! And worse, I acted like a ninth grader.

Crap, now I'm getting war flashbacks.

I'm in grade eleven now. Grade ten was a shitty year. Nothing worth blogging about. As soon as grade ten started, I couldn't wait for it to be over. Below is a rank of the awesomeness of years (in my humble opinion):

1. Grade eleven
2. Grade nine
3. Grade twelve
4. Grade ten 

Here's why grade eleven takes the throne. Grade nine, you don't really know what you're doing. You're still new, still sniffing out the scene, trying to figure out who you are, get the high school game down, et cetera.
Grade twelve, you're either like: I CAN'T WAIT TO LEAVE THIS HELL HOLE COME ON GRADUATE ME ALREADY OH WAIT I DON'T HAVE MY FORTY VOLUNTEER HOURS IN YET SHIT NOW I CAN'T GRADUATE or you're like I DUN WANNA LEAVE MY FRIEEEEEEENDS D: Grade ten is super boring. It's a filler year. Your grades don't even count for university. Grade eleven is the best year. You understand the high school game, there are stakes (your grades count!), and you're near the top of the food chain. High enough to receive the benefits that come with age. Low enough to not suffer the sadness of knowing your reign is coming to an end.

Because grade eleven is supposed to be the best year, I figured that getting back into the blogging scene might be fun, because I'll actually have things to blog about.

To ensure that grade eleven would be the best year possible, I decided to stop being a hermit this year and really put myself out there. So this is what has gone down so far:

1. I joined the Senior Girls Basketball Team

2. I signed up as a designer for the fashion show

3. Tried to get my license

4. Won NaNoWriMo!

5. Started a Japanese Language Club (oh yeah, I started learning Japanese in the summer before grade ten)

6. Took part in Ottawa University's Perfect Pitch Competition

7 Attended a business conference on business and the sports industry 

8. Attended another business conference in which I got a chance to meet ARLENE DICKINSON as in ARLENE DICKINSON from the DRAGON'S DEN

9. Got a job

10. Began learning Bo

That's all I can remember at the moment. Yup, it's been a busy three months. My mom keeps telling me I'm doing too much. Telling me that I'm going to burn out. But as author Jack London once said, I would rather be ashes than dust. I started writing mini descriptions about each item, but then realised I could do an entire post on each one. So I'll probably do posts on them whenever I run out of ideas XD

I'm sorry that this post is sort of lame. This post isn't supposed to be a ligament post. It's supposed to be a post that basically says HEY WORLD! I'M BACK! AND IF YOU WANNA LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY, YOU'RE SUPER AWESOME AND I RESPECT YOU BUT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO ME, THEN I UNDERSTAND, MY LIFE CAN BE SORT OF LAME.

So yeah.

I think I'll try to update at least twice a week. I'd try to aim for three, but at the moment, I have so much stuff to get done. I don't know what days I'd post one, but I'll eventually figure that out as time goes on.

...Can you guys tell that my writing style has gotten a bit more mature? XD
Or maybe it hasn't ;_;
Sadness.

3 comments:

  1. I'M SO HAPPY YOU'RE BACK

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND I'M SO HAPPY YOU COMMENTED <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHIAKI!!! K-DOG!! You're back!! And you know what's funny is that I'm thinking about coming back too! XD We should feed the fire together :P

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments!